Biology 5.2B - 1 Day Project
Create a PowerPoint presentation that steps through and illustrates the 5 major stages of photosynthesis as shown in the animation at the end of PowerPoint 5.2B (slide #22)
You should have for slides:
- Title slide: Photosynthesis
- Step 1: Capture of sunlight by thylakoid; light energy transferred to electrons.
- Step 2: Water (H2O) is split in process - producing Hydrogen ions (H+)
- Step 3: oxygen (O2) is released as a byproduct.
- Step 4: Excited electrons move through transfer chains producing hydrogen ions.
- Step 5: Hydrogen ions enter cell, combine with ADP to create ATP, also NADP + H to create NADPH.
- Step 6: Calvin Cycle: Carbon molecules plus ATP plus NADPH forms a five-carbon sugar called glucose that the plant uses for food
- Step 7: Part of the glucose goes back into the cycle to start it again, making it a cycle.
- Step 8: Credits: created by. . . .