Heavy Weather Research Project: 7 days
- Select one of the following listed topics and build a PowerPoint Presentation following the project guidelines set out to get full credit for your project.
- Your project should be a minimum opf 15 slides; including your title slide.
- All sources that you used for information from the internet need to be listed on your last slide with links to the websites you pulled the information from.
Choose one topic from the following list of topics to do your project on:
- The Perfect Storm: Nor'easter Halloween Storm of 1991
- What Causes Hurricanes?
- Hurricane Katrina and the Flooding of New Orleans
- Tornadoes and Twisters
- Lightning and Thunderstorms: electrical phenomena in the atmosphere
- Blizzard of 78
- Other topics must be approved by the teacher in advance of starting the project
- Project Templet: use this templet to guide you in the creation of your project.
- Title slide
- Introduce your topic: what is your topic about?
- If a specific event: when did this event occur? (Katrina, Perfect Storm, Blizzard 78)
- If a general event (tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms); what time of year do these generally happen?
- In detailed steps: what events led (or lead) to the formation of the severe weather occurance you are discussing?
- What was the aftermath of this event: what type of damage occured?
- Could this event have been predicted better? What warning signs were ignored that should have been taken seriously?
- What steps have been taken to predict this type of severe weather event and to minimize damage and loss of life should it occur again?